Your new company
PubGalaxy was founded in 2014 in Bulgaria with the mission to help independent website owners monetize their content through programmatic advertising. We provide real-time bidding technology, access to world-leading advertising platforms and 20+ years of industry experience to maximize ad revenue for our clients.
In 2021 PubGalaxy joined the ranks of Azerion – Europe’s leading digital entertainment & media company with a market cap of $1.6bn. We are now officially the first revenue optimization platform that’s part of a publicly traded company. With more than 1400 employees in 27 locations worldwide, Azerion is on a mission to conquer the entertainment and advertising industries and PubGalaxy plays a central role in that endeavor.
Your new role
We are currently searching for a data engineer with solid experience in data engineering and modeling, and a passion for Big Data and machine learning. As a product team, you will work closely with a PM and other .NET developers. We start developing our reporting system from scratch so you will have the opportunity to work on a challenging project.
Technology Stack: .NET – C#, SQL, Python, GCP, AWS
- Contributes design and code that manages data ingestion – real time streaming, batch processing and ETL across multiple data sources.
- Identifies ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality, including performance tuning of complicated SQL queries and data flows.
- Assume an active role in the designing and building, deployment, and maintenance of a new internal analytics solution that will process data at big data scale.
- Performs development, testing, and dev-ops tasks as needed to ensure the end to end operability of the solution.
Skills and qualifications
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- Good understanding of data warehousing, data and schema standards and concepts, data modeling.
- Knowledge of company data management best practices.
- Experience with ETL development.
- 2+ years of experience coding in Python/.NET – C#.
- 2+ years of experience in cloud data platforms (GCP experience is a plus).
- Good knowledge of the development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management.
- Knowledge of Data Quality testing and automation.
- Knowledge of BI report and dashboard design and implementation is a plus.
- Experience participating in an Agile software development team.
- Experience in AdTech (Google Ad Manager, Google AdEx, Adsense etc)
- Experience testing API endpoints
- Experience with Source Control systems, Issue Trackers and Test Case Management systems;
- Experience with performance and/or security testing;
- Understanding and practical experience with OOP, scripting languages, and DBMS (PHP and MySQL experience preferred);
- Working in a continuous integration environment.
What to Expect
Our goal is to be a world-class organization.
This means we thrive in change, make mistakes, learn from them and compete with the best on the world stage.
We’re a team, guided by shared values and purpose.
You’ll receive unconditional support in your development and access to domain knowledge that has been collected for nearly 10 years.
We believe that smart people don’t need someone to constantly look over their shoulder.
That’s why we encourage you to bring your best self and perform in a way that suits you best, as long as you help the company achieve its goals.
Grow, Grow, Grow
This is your main goal!
You will get a lot of feedback and a ton of support to act on it.
It’s up to you to stay curious and never stop pursuing your personal growth.
Long Live Growth Mindset:
Personalized Growth Map twice a year;
Digital library with unlimited access to non-fictional books;
Individual budgets for training and courses
Various options on working remotely and flexible working hours;
An extra day-off for each year with the company
A Healthy Mind In A Healthy Body
Additional health insurance;
Individual budgets for dental care and dioptric glasses/lenses
Fun Activities For The Whole Team
One big teambuilding;
Various fun activities in the offices
If this role matches your career development goals, send us:
- An up-to-date copy of your CV in English;
- An essay on “What is your motivation to apply for this role?” (optional).
We appreciate each and every application, but due to their large number, we’ll be only reaching out to those applicants who we think meet our requirements.
By submitting your application, you agree that PubGalaxy will gain access to your personal data for recruitment purposes.
For more information about PubGalaxy, see the links below.